Services - CEMIT
At Corbett Exterminating, we value the importance of clean, healthy living areas and are dedicated to discouraging pest activity. We specialize in serving the pest management needs for multi-family housing, senior housing, military housing, hotels & schools on a monthly bi-monthly, weekly or quarterly basis. Our specialists have the training, experience and resources to assure protection and elimination of all types of destructive pests.
Cockroach Elimination Management Inspections and Treatment (CEMIT) is the leading pest control program developed by Corbett Exterminating. Environmentally friendly and completely free of harsh pesticides, CEMIT has proven to be the model for pest control treatments of the future and the envy of pest control companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic states. No sprays or fogs are used, and the entire program is low profile and minimally invasive.
We offer Initial CEMIT Treatments, which are corrective procedures that average a 98% kill rate and are comparable to cleanouts. They are fully guaranteed for one year provided we have access to at least 75% of units for scheduled services. Follow-up treatments, detailed monitoring and thorough inspections assure that pests are no longer a nuisance. Preventive CEMIT Treatments keep pests in check between scheduled treatments.
Cockroach Inspection and Treatment Program
Corbett Exterminating, Inc. takes a comprehensive approach to all of their services and cockroach treatments are no exception.
|These services include:
- Preparation: Complete instructions for tenants as well as staff.
- Communication: Frequent meetings and personal conversations assure that everyone involved in the treatment process is on the same page.
- Examination: Thorough inspections uncover and document food, moisture and shelter available for vermin use.
- Extraction: Usage of the L'il Hummer HEPA filter extraction device physically removes roaches and immediately decreases their numbers.
- Baiting: Attract roaches to the bait so treatment is handled within the infested unit and insects are not chased toward neighboring homes.
- Dusting: Application of a variety of environmentally friendly dusts to effectively eliminate wall cavities used as a hiding place for roaches.
- Inspect: Assure the treatment was performed properly and effectively before leaving the treated unit.
- HEPA filter extraction devices are used so air-borne allergens, which aggravate respiratory problems, are not present in the air.
- We suck up live roaches, dead roaches, cast skins, fecal material, etc.
- With less roaches living in a crack or crevice, there is less competition for the bait materials left behind for them to eat and die.
- As a result of less roaches, there is less reproduction.
||Proper Baiting Method
- Bait must be placed directly into cracks and crevices.
- When needed, PMP should use a flashlight for proper illumination in order to provide effective treatment.
- Bait is placed into "zones" where roaches can easily find it.
Key factors for success include:
- Tenant preparation. Preparation instructions for initial CEMIT are detailed and involve the entire apartment.
- A thorough sanitation inspection during the treatment. Roaches do not need a lot of food or water to create an infestation.
- Communicating with the resident. What has been observed? How often? Where?
- Use the extraction device to remove live and dead cockroaches, body parts, egg cases, and droppings. Heavy infestations may demand multiple extractions on some areas throughout the treatment.
- Think 3-dimensionally. Treating wall voids where roaches live is vital to success. This includes pipe holes at the water & drain lines, under sinks and heating units.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Should any unforeseen problem arise between scheduled visits, Corbett services are available any time, night or day. We guarantee a response to your emergency problem within 24 hours.