Corbett Pest Identification
FAQ's | Quality Control | Licenses & Certifications | Pesticide Information | Pest Identification
Bedbugs | Carpet Beetles | Pantry & Stored Food Pests | Fleas | Ants & Termites
Flies | Cockroaches | Lice | Rats & Mice | Stink Bugs
- Can damage fabrics, furniture and clothing that contains NATURAL ANIMAL FIBERS (wool, silk, hair, bristles, fur or feathers)
- Synthetic items are resistant, but mixtures of synthetic and natural fibers CAN BE damaged.
- Live naturally in nests of birds, rodents, insects and spiders, can be carried into homes on cut flowers.
- Found in closets, drawers or inside furniture.
- Larva requires 9 months-3 years to complete growth, tend to avoid light, feed in dark cracks or folds.
- Adults are attracted to light and are found on windows or around flowers.
- Black Carpet Beetle
• Life cycle is 180-650 days.
• Inhabit carpeting, clothing, furs, furniture, leather, books, bird nests, milk powders, pollen.
- Common Carpet Beetle
• Inhabit fabrics, furnishings and clothing retaining wool, silk, hair, bristles, fur, feathers, etc.
• Life cycle 77-110 days.
- Furniture Carpet Beetle
• Life cycle 149-422 days
• Inhabit woolen upholstery and padding such as feathers and hair, as well as natural fibers.
- Varied Carpet Beetle
• Inhabit carpets, woolen goods, furs, silks, and materials containing animal products and natural fibers.
• Life cycle is 249-354 days.
- Feed on dust and lint- good housekeeping prevents infestations
- Find sources of infestations
• Can be found in sparrow, starling or pigeon nests.
• Wasp nests under eaves or in attics, the larvae will feed on the skins and larvae of wasps.
• Inaccessible areas like air ducts still a problem though.
• Dead insects in attics can be an area of infestation as well.
- Cedar Products, Cold Storage, Heat.